Columbia Business School alumni are having lots of success in the startup world.Read more
By the numbers:
1. Since the Nobel prizes were first awarded in 1901, there have been over 80 Columbians who have received this honor - among the highest number of Nobel prize-winners associated with any institution of higher learning around the world.
2. They include alumni, faculty, adjunct faculty, researchers, and administrators.
3. Columbians have won Nobel prizes in every field which the award is given.
4. Today, Columbia's faculty includes 8 Nobel laureates.*
5. Forty-two of Columbia's noble Nobelists are alumni.
6. The most recent prize awarded to a Columbian was in 2012 - a year that two prize categories were claimed by Columbia graduates: Robert J. Lefkowitz (Chemistry) and Alvin Roth (Economics).
7. U.S. President Barack Obama '83CC was the most recent Columbian to win the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009.
8. Just this year, Columbia alumni have met with Nobel laureates Eric Kandel and Joseph Stiglitz at alumni events. You never know who you'll meet through your Columbia alumni network. alumni.columbia.eduRead more
Although some forecasters have deemed Category 4 Hurricane Joaquin the next Hurricane Sandy, they might be speaking too soon.Read more
GSAS Alumna Dr. Marina A. Rustow and Columbia associate professor Kartik Chandran are in excellent company. They are two of the 24 recipients of this year's "genius grant" awards from the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
The "genius" nickname stems from the unparalleled freedom attached to it. The grant comes with $625,000 over the next five years.Read more
Way to go, Columbia alumni!
Two Columbia Business School alumni and a Columbia College graduate recently were inducted into the prestigious Crain's Hall of Fame 2015.Read more
A recent webinar hosted by Columbia’s Center for Career Education (CCE) focused on the importance of research in the job search process.
Alicia Schiller, associate director of Undergraduate Career Development at CCE, says research allows job-seekers to make informed decisions, understand an audience, and stand out in a pool of applicants.
Check out these tips from CCE:Read more
The Columbia Alumni Association of Boston is masterful at “dedicated leadership” and is committed to "bringing University initiatives and opportunities to the local community,” according to the Columbia Alumni Association (CAA), which honored the club with its Regional Club Award of Excellence last year.Read more
What do the City of Brotherly Love and the Pearl of the Orient have in common? They are the winners of the 2015 Columbia Alumni Association (CAA) Regional Club Award of Excellence!
Created in 2012, the CAA Regional Club Award of Excellence recognizes the leadership and dedication of Columbia's alumni leaders worldwide in fostering vibrant Columbia communities across the globe through programs, events, conferences, and opportunities in their local communities. With over 320,000+ alumni (and counting!), the CAA's 100+ clubs and alumni leadership in cities across the globe play critical roles in building upon our shared Columbia connections, long after we leave campus.
This year, the international award goes to the Columbia University Alumni Association of Hong Kong (CUAAHK) and the domestic (U.S.) award goes to the Columbia University Club of Philadelphia.