Keep posted on the latest from your Columbia community.
- The Networking Hour: General Mixer (August 10: Online)
- CAA San Antonio Student Send-off (August 12: San Antonio, TX)
- Columbia Alumni at the Marlins (August 13: Miami, FL)
- BAC & Arts Access Tour of the Wallach Art Gallery's "Uptown" Exhibit (August 15: New York, NY)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
Did you know? Alumni are eligible for a Tamer Fund for Social Ventures grant. The Tamer Fund provides seed grants of up to $25,000 to nonprofit, for-profit, and hybrid early-stage social and environmental ventures. Learn more and apply by August 15.
The Columbia Alumni Association (CAA) is launching a special mini-series on The Low Down podcast. Listen to the teaser.
Columbia international diplomacy Professor Stephen Sestanovich provided interesting analysis on US-Russia relations and other foreign policy matters.
Columbia Business School classmates-turned-power couple Jamie Kern Lima '04BUS and Paulo Lima '04BUS built a cosmetics empire and sold it to one of the world's most iconic makeup brands.
Earth Institute scientists discovered new images from beneath Alaska's seafloor that suggest high tsunami danger.
- Joshua Spodek '93CC, '96GSAS, '99GSAS, '06BUS shared on The Low Down two important questions you should be asking in every job interview.
THE LOW DOWN:
- Think you know everything about the city our University calls home? New York Magazine architecture writer Justin Davidson '90GSAS, '94SOA recommends in Columbia Magazine seven tours that set out to capture the "myth and magic and possibility" of New York City.
Missed a roundup? Check out the archive.