Catch up on the latest news from your Columbia alumni community this week.
- We asked you to share your stories of finding love at Columbia, and the anecdotes have been pouring in. Thank you! Check out some of our favorites here, and visit the CAA Facebook page for the complete collection.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT...
- Columbia announced a $13 million gift from the Mary Livingston Griggs and Mary Griggs Burke Foundation that will establish the Mary Griggs Burke Center for Japanese Art and the Mary Griggs Burke Professorship of East Asian Buddhist Art History in the department of art history and archaeology. The gift will fund a renovation creating space for the center in Schermerhorn Hall.
Lamont Doherty researchers examine why climate change isn't just a 21st-century problem.
- Black Alumni Council (BAC) Heritage & Scholarship Reception (Feb. 17: New York, NY)
- Lions vs. Quakers Men's Basketball Pre-Game Reception & Game Watch (Feb. 27: Philadelphia, PA)
THE LOW DOWN:
- Have you checked out our podcast, The Low Down, yet? The series delivers the best minds and voices from Columbia and Columbians to help you stay smart wherever you are. The Low Down is sublimely intelligent, eminently listenable, and thoroughly Columbia.
Do you like this post?