Get the latest from your Columbia alumni community in this week's Low Down:
- Asian Ivy Picnic (July 30: New York, NY)
- Olympics Watch Party (August 7: New York, NY)
- LGBTQ Alumni Association Gala Night at Rubin Museum of Art (August 12: New York, NY)
- Ivy Circle Deutschland Reception (August 25: Frankfurt, Germany)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
There has been buzz recently surrounding resumes being reviewed through automatic scanners and applicant tracking systems (ATS). In a time when a computer is the first pair of eyes to evaluate your credentials, how can you stand out? Members of the Columbia Career Coaches Network and the Columbia Alumni Career Coalition offer these tips.
- We recevied some #WednesdayWisdom this week via Teachers College from alumna Shirley Chisholm '52TC:
THE LOW DOWN:
Last week we told you Pokémon Go has come to Columbia! Those deep in the game already know that university campuses are PokéStop hotspots for students, alumni, and the visiting general public who are looking to catch 'em all. Morningside Heights is no exception. In fact, so many places on campus have been designated PokéStops that it's getting hard to keep track! We compiled some of the most popular spots.