Here's the latest from your Columbia alumni community.
- Run for Humanity (August 13: Singapore)
- Young Alumni Boat Cruise (August 17: Boston, MA)
- Summer Sommelier Wine Tasting (August 23: Dallas, TX)
- Member Appreciation Party (August 24: Washington, DC)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
Do you suffer from migraines? Columbia Med researchers say the first targeted therapy for migraine prevention may be within reach.
This week, the world celebrated #WorldLionDay. In honor of the day, we threw it back to a Low Down article with facts you may not know about Columbia's king of the jungle, and the Columbia alumni who crowned him.
Speaking of Twitter "holidays" -- #BookLoversDay also fell during this week! The CAA celebrated by featuring the Columbia Alumni Bookshelf, which includes hundreds of Columbia graduate-authored books. Find a summer read.
- The latest from Columbia Magazine: Reporter and Columbia Journalism School alumna Alia Maler '06JRN spoke with her former professor Samuel Freedman on why she chose to move to Syria at the beginning of the Arab Spring.
Katie Leonberger '08BUS is helping nonprofits work smarter -- from the inside out. Get inspired by her story.
Are you happy where you are at your job, or do you need to make changes? This week, Columbia Career Coach Caroline Ceniza-Levine '93BC shared her Career Satisfaction Check-Up -- 10 questions to help you gauge your career satisfaction and pinpoint what, if anything, needs to change.
THE LOW DOWN:
- Fairfield, Connecticut-area alumni had an awesome time sailing the Long Island Sound aboard the 80-foot, three-masted Schooner Soundwaters. Check out the group's full photo album here.
Summer may be more than halfway through, but there are still lots of exciting events for alumni taking place across the globe. View the complete calendar.
Missed a roundup? Check out the archive.