Here's what you might have missed on our channels this week.
- Athletics Reception at Columbia-Rice Women's Basketball Game (December 30: Houston, TX)
- Philadelphia Club All-Ivy Skiing and Snowboarding Trip (January 12-15: Killington, VT)
- CAA at the Sundance Film Festival (January 20: Park City, UT)
- Save the Date: Recent Alumni Winter Wonderland Party (January 26: New York, NY)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
Home for the holidays? In the latest issue of Columbia Magazine, Columbia College's resident Scrabble prodigy Mack Meller '21CC offers tip on how to crush your family with triple-word scores.
Alumnus Gregory Leet '88GSAS, '90GSAS, '02GSAS shared his fascinating story on The Low Down this week—from Dodge Hall to a worldwide tour for his remarkable music career.
- These three alumnae in NYC have teamed up with the Liberian healthcare system's most valuable players.
Breaking down a film's opening scene: Columbia professor and film expert Annette Insdorf offers a primer on how to interpret this important part of a movie.
THE LOW DOWN:
Congratulations to School of the Arts Professor Victor LaValle '98SOA, who made TIME's Top 10 Novels of 2017 List with The Changeling.
Speaking of good reads, looking for some good books to enjoy over the holidays? Check out the Columbia Alumni Bookshelf, featuring hundreds of books written by fellow Columbians.
Do you like this post?