Check out the latest news and events from the Columbia community.
- Ivy Singles Jazz Mixer (July 6: Washington, DC)
- All-Ivy Newport Polo and Tailgate (July 8: Portsmouth, RI)
- Harmonic Brewing Tour (July 16: San Francisco, CA)
- Book Club Meeting (July 23: Atlanta, GA)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
School of International and Public Affairs professor and Cuba expert Christopher Sabatani weighed in this week on the future of U.S. and Cuba relations, after the news of President Trump's planned rollback of former President Barack Obama's '83CC policies.
Sainfer Aliyu '16NRS spoke with US News about how to monitor the care of a loved one in a nursing home.
Congratulations are in order for Tracy K. Smith! The School of the Arts alumna was just named a poet laureate by the Library of Congress, the nation's highest poetry honor. In this role, Smith is tasked with raising national awareness and appreciation of poetry.
Rough commute into work today? Jon Jachimowicz '16BUS, a doctoral candidate at Columbia Business School, offers his tips on how to de-stress and make the most of your time.
The latest Columbia Magazine hits mailboxes this week. In it, New York Times food writer Melissa Clark, a Barnard and School of the Arts alumna is profiled. Read her story and then explore more from the Magazine. Happy reading!
THE LOW DOWN:
- Did you know? As Columbia alumni, you have special access to hotel rates up to 60 percent less than public travel sites. Explore Hotel Engine and book your next trip.
Missed a roundup? Check out the archive