Read on for the latest news, events, and ideas from your alumni community.
- Meet Greer Hendricks '94JRN, Author of The Wife Between Us (March 14: New York, NY)
- Networking and Pub Night (March 15: Newton, MA)
- Hiking on the Atlanta Beltline Northside Trail (March 17: Atlanta, GA)
- Columbia Global Reports: PIPE DREAMS: The Plundering of Iraq's Oil Wealth (March 21: Arlington, VA)
- Beer Flight Night (March 23: Dallas, TX)
- Art and Heritage Trail Tour (March 24: Singapore)
- Surviving the Misinformation Age (March 28: Washington, DC)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
Congratulations to Emilia Javorsky '08BC! The Barnard alumna, who made the 2017 Forbes 30 Under 30 list for her pioneering work in the healthcare space, has just launched Sundots, an organic gummy for sun protection. Read more about Javorsky's innovative project in The Boston Globe.
This week, Columbia launched a scholarship program to support individuals who have been displaced as a result of the conflict in Syria. These students will receive full tuition, housing, travel, and living assistance while pursuing their undergraduate degree at the School of General Studies.
- Did you know? The Columbia Alumni Association (CAA) has partnered with Liberty Mutual on auto and home insurance deals exclusively for alumni.
Mark your calendar for March 27 and register for this month's online Networking Hour: Lessons in Leadership. Chat with like-minded Columbians from a range of industries and share your own tips, advice, takeaways, and questions about leadership.
Tony and Pulitzer-winning, Angels in America, by playwright Tony Kushner '78CC, returns to Broadway for the first time in 25 years this month.
THE LOW DOWN:
In celebration of International Women's Day, which fell this week on March 8, watch as four successful alumnae discuss the nuances of leadership styles, how to navigate the stereotypes and balance expectations, and how to make women’s voices heard.