Go for a (fun) run, learn career tips from fellow alumni, and be inspired by Columbia President Lee Bollinger's recent writing—don't miss the latest from your Columbia alumni community:
- Tailgate at Columbia-Penn Football Game (October 15: Philadelphia, PA)
- 5K Fun Run (October 21: New York, NY)
- Head of the Charles Regatta Post-Race Reception (October 22: Cambridge, MA)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Check out some of the things Columbia alumni had to say regarding job searching and important things that should be considered in choosing—and staying in—the right career.
The Low Down recently revisited CAA Arts Access' Alumni Artists profile of filmmakers Douglas Tirola '92SOA and Ramin Bahrani '96CC.
- The inaugural Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College ranking puts Columbia University among the top three universities in the country.
- Congratulations to Donzelina Barroso '89BC, '16JRN named director of Global Philanthropy for Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors.
Sree Sreenivasan '93JRN, the new Chief Digital Officer for New York City, held an exclusive online chat this week with Columbia alumni in the Alumni Community. Sreenivasan answered questions about digital trends that affect business and consumers, job transitions, and career changes.
- Columbia alumni leaders connect all over the world! Columbia NorCal board member Jennifer Fong '11SIPA was in Dubai and met up with Columbia Alumni of the UAE President Ameera Amir '11SIPA. They took this awesome photo at Facebook's Dubai HQ:
THE LOW DOWN:
Columbia President Lee C. Bollinger '71LAW recently published "The No-Censorship Approach to Life" in The Chronicle of Higher Education. Reflecting his fall Convocation remarks, President Bollinger lays out how Columbia lives by First Amendment principles and how students grapple with ideas.
Read this article—as well as several pieces by President Bollinger about the University's role in society today, free speech, affirmative action, and Columbia's place in the broader world—on The Low Down.