Read on for the latest happenings in your Columbia alumni community.
- Columbia Fiction Foundry Workshop (Aug. 8: New York, NY)
- Evening on Toronto Island (Aug. 10: Toronto, ON)
- Third Annual BBQ (Aug. 11: Charlotte, NC)
- Coffee and Park Stroll (Aug. 12: Denver, CO)
- The Networking Hour: General Mixer (Aug. 14: Online)
- Movie Night (Aug. 17: Hong Kong)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Congratulations to trailblazer Beth Ford '95BUS, the new president and CEO of Land O'Lakes, the first female CEO in the $14 billion company's history, and the first lesbian head of a Fortune 500 company. Learn more about Ford's journey to the C-Suite.
Rosemary Bova '71SW, of the Columbia Career Coaches Network, recently weighed in on her career video series on "swimming in overwhelm," and how to insert moments of peace, reflection, and clarity during our nonstop, harried day-to-day schedules. Learn more about Bova's work with the Network and check out the full list of members.
She may be 85, but Ruth Bader Ginsburg '59LAW won't let that affect her immediate plans. Read from CNN what she had to say about her Supreme Court seat.
THE LOW DOWN:
Meet the digital sleuth exposing fake news: When the country was hungry for answers about how people had been manipulated online, Columbia Journalism School professor and Tow Center for Digital Journalism research director Jonathan Albright had plenty of information to feed them. With midterm elections upcoming, he's working harder than ever. Learn about his impressive and timely work.