Catch up on the latest news from your Columbia alumni community this week.
- At the Columbia Alumni Association (CAA), our thoughts are with the students and their families affected by the terrible accident in Honduras. Click here to read President Bollinger's statement on the tragedy.
In Case You Missed It...
- Columbia University professor of computer science Steven Bellovin '72CC, P: '08CC weighs in on cybersecurity in the Wall Street Journal.
- How to stop putting things off at work: Heidi Grant Halvorson '97GSAS, '01GSAS, a social psychologist and associate director for the Motivation Science Center at Columbia Business, breaks down why we procrastinate.
- Mailman School of Public Health alumna and Columbia Professor Katherine Keyes comments to Elle on the gender pay gap.
- How Digital Technology and Big Data Are Revolutionizing the Sports Industry (Jan. 19: Santa Monica, CA)
- Columbia at Sundance (Jan. 23: Park City, UT)
The Low Down:
- A powder horn believed to be owned by Founding Father, Columbia alumnus -- and Broadway star! -- Alexander Hamilton is up for auction. Hamilton's birthday was January 11.
Do you like this post?