Here's what you need to know from the Columbia Alumni Association (CAA) this week.
- Second Annual Alumni Reunion (September 23: Warsaw, Poland)
- Columbia vs. Princeton Tailgate and Football Game (September 30: Princeton, NJ)
- Black Alumni Council (BAC) Homecoming (October 14: New York, NY)
- Data Journalism in the Trump Era (October 18: Washington, DC)
- South of Market: The Musical (October 20: San Francisco, CA)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
Way to go! This Columbia Space Initiative team—and future alumni—won the NASA Advanced Air Vehicles Challenge.
Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Ayad Akhtar '02SOA was profiled in The New York Times, ahead of the opening of his play, Junk, about Wall Street in the 1980s.
Juanita Gonzalez Uribe '09BUS, '13BUS, assistant professor of finance at The London School of Economics, received the prestigious Jaime Fernandez de Araoz prize in Corporate Finance, which was presented by King Felipe of Spain.
Can you survive Earth Institute's Climate Week Challenge? "Individuals make many personal choices that, when added up, have an important impact on global greenhouse gas emissions," Michael Gerrard, director of the Sabin Center for Climate Change Law, said. Read on for some lifestyle changes you can implement this week—and moving forward.
- Zuckerman Institute's Nikolaus Kriegeskorte weighed in on artificial intelligence to understand the brain.
THE LOW DOWN:
Alumni Voices is turning three! The University-wide digital initiative allows you to share your opinions on a wide variety of alumni-related topics and programs.
As a member of Alumni Voices, you’ll be asked to complete brief surveys over the course of the year, providing feedback that helps shape ongoing alumni activities and opportunities across all of Columbia. Over the past two years, alumni have shared their thoughts on the CAA Shop, alumni benefits and discounts, Columbia Magazine, library resources, and arts programming, to name a few. Make your voice heard.